2011年7月3日 星期日

Dying nymphs 3rd July, 2011

I have acquired 20 Madagascar hisser nymphs about two weeks ago, some of them very small, about 5mm, while some are almost 15mm. They were doing great at the beginning, eating, hiding, and molting happily, but until recently they started dying. I have 4 dead nymphs so far, and I suspect that it is because humidity is too low since I have water the cage less frequently in the last few days. Its either that, or they are just too weak to begin with.

Some of the big ones are fine, I still have 16 of them unless there are some dead ones that I haven't located yet, which is very possible since some of them are so small. So I guess at the very least, I will have a healthy starting colony of around 10 at the end. Let's hope that high humidity will stop them from dying.

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁