2011年8月22日 星期一

My first Peppered Cockroach adult!

Archimandrita tesselata, only have them for 2 weeks, so this probably can't prove my keeping method right or wrong, but at least the humidity and molting platforms seems on the right track, since she molted perfectly. She was extremely calm, didn't move at all when my hands were moving around their bin finding a good angle for a photo, didn't want to handle her since her shell still appears white, so probably not fully harden yet. I'll grab her and take some more pics when she's fully harden, maybe in a day or two.


One thing to noted about this species though, they seem to like dead leaves, if my observation is correct, they ate more dead leaves than lettuce! I'd throw in some lettuce core see if they like it.


Here is sneak preview.

IMG_0773


Two more previously unreleased photos!
IMG_0734
IMG_0751

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁