2011年9月9日 星期五

Mites explosion!

Every tank that I kept humid had been infested by soil mites! They are everywhere, water droplets on the side, top of the soil, and worst of all, they swarm any food I put into the bins. These disgusting creatures are in tanks of dwarf hissers, halloween/flat horn hissers, orangeheads, and peppered roaches.

It is easy enough to clean up hisser and orangehead tanks, just replace the substrate and rinse the tank under hot water. But peppered bin is so large, and eco earth isn't exactly cheap, so I decided to microwave the substrate instead of replacing. I microwaved the substrate, and used boiled water to clean other stuffs like barks, twigs, cork boards... etc.

In order to prevent further infestation, I am putting more ventilation holes on those tanks, and will only keep part of the substrate damped, and the rest dry. And most importantly, i will offer grain food sparingly from now on.

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁